Sunday, February 7, 2010

King of Fighters Tournament at Khatib CC 07/02/2010

Today, I attended the KOF tournament at Rick's shop. And sad to say, me and my teammates scrubbed, ending the day with a score of 2-2....

My teammates were Sazabi and Starsky. The order of players was me, Sazabi then Starsky.

Me(Gladial Eatos)
Sazabi(Toothless Gladiators)
Starsky(Lightlords)

1st Round: We had a bye due to an odd number of teams attending.
(1-0)

2nd Round: VS Jacky, Xiao Mei and Bao Chun
Game 1: Me(Gladial Eatos) VS Jacky(Lightlords)
I managed to start the game with a Guardian Eatos on the field, along with a Dimension Fissure, locking him down.. Soon after, I managed to gain control.

Game 2: Me(Gladial Eatos) VS Xiao Mei(Gladial Beasts)
After using Starlight Road on her Gladial Beast Gyzarus, I managed to maintain control and won soon after.

Game 3: Me(Gladial Eatos) VS Bao Chun(Vayu Turbo)
This was the longest game of the match. After exchanging blows for a couple of turns, he managed to get me down to 1300 LP. But I managed to mount a comeback with Dimension Fissure and Guardian Eatos.
(2-0)

3rd Round: VS Colin(Flamevell Buster), Kenneth(Magoneko) and Mango(Whirlwind BF)
Game 1: Me(Gladial Eatos) VS Colin(Flamvell Eatos)
He had me in a tight spot when he managed to bring out Ancient God Flamvell, and start to beat me down with it. However, I managed to turn the tables around after he used up all of his Rekindlings, thus leaving me with an opening to finish him off.

Game 2: Me(Gladial Eatos) VS Kenneth(Magoneko)
I was killed by Magoshinju Unicor..... Its is freaking strong. True story.

Game 3: Sazabi(Toothless GB) VS Kenneth(Magoneko)
Sazabi managed to bring Kenneth down after a long battle..... Didn't really remeber the details.

Game 4: Sazabi(Toothless GB) VS Mango(Whirlwind BF)
Somehow or another, he got pwned......

Game 5: Starsky(Lightlords) VS Mango (Whirlwind BF)
Bad draws, bad mills and double Necro Guardna opening hand caused Starsky to end up in defeat..
(2-1)

Round 4: VS Sam,Max and Akira (Whirlwind BF)
Game 1: Me(Gladial Eatos) VS Sam(Whirlwind BF)
Died.... Just died due to him having too many monsters

Game 2: Sazabi(Toothless GB) VS Sam(Whirlwind BF)
Again, just died............

Game 3: Starsky(Lightlords) VS Sam(Whirlwind BF)
Somehow, Starsky managed to defeat Sam..

Game 4: Starsky(Lightlords) VS Akira(Whirlwind BF)
Lost to the powerful Akira....
(2-2)

After checking the standings, our team did not manage to get into the top 8.

After all, Yugimonz is a game which depends on both luck and skill.

Stay tuned for the next blog entry, a deck report about Ally Genex!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment