Saturday, December 12, 2009

Tournament Report 12/12/2009

Again, I attended my weekly tournament held at my local card shop. I was using Gladiator Beasts again, however I did not perform up to standard. I did not manage to get a prize..... :(

I arrived at around 1pm, and registered for the tournament. After about 30 mins, round 1 started..

Deck Used: Gladiator Beasts (Only one there today)

Round 1: Me (Gladiator Beasts) VS Jin Hao (Tragedylords)XX
Game 1 + Game 2: A few misplays and a bout of bad draws enabled him to win 2-0

Round 2: Me (Gladiator Beasts) VS Spiky (Dark Count)OO
Game 1: After he summoned Zero Gardna, I immediately Book of Mooned it during his end phrase, thus stopping him from using its effect on the next turn. After he managed to use Final Countdown, I brought out Heraklinos on the 7th turn and proceeded to beat him down with it.

Game 2: Heraklinos came out early, which means that he could not use many traps and spells, which ended in his defeat.

Round 3: Me (Gladiator Beasts) VS Bryan (Burn) OO
Round 1 + 2: Heraklinos really pwns burn deck's asses........

Round 4: Me (Gladiator Beasts) VS Wei Xiang (Twilight) OO
Game 1: Managed to keep his monsters off the field, while applying beatdown with my beasts.

Game 2: He drew super bad and lost shortly after I summoned Kycoo....

TOP 8: Me (Gladiator Beasts) VS Hong Rui (Zombie Synchro)
Game 1: Lost after bout of super bad draws...

Game 2: We traded blows, until we ended up in top-decking mode. However, he managed to get monsters after monsters while I drew nothing to counter him...


Sad that I couldn't get a prize, but was a super fun day....

No comments:

Post a Comment